Saturday, August 2, 2008

I'm not numbering days anymore.

so it really is hitting home, and I don't know if I mentioned this before (and am too lazy to go and sift through my inane ramblings to find out if I did or not), but I just have to accept the fact that I can't have grains or sugar anymore.  or carrots.  maybe someday, on the carrots, *possibly* the grains, but at this point, I can't regard those things as food.  

it blows my mind that we think we can just keep weight off when "finishing" a diet.  if you go back to the eating that made you fat, guess what's going to happen?  you'll gain it all back and then some.  I know this from experience.  but the logic there is what makes me shake my head.  and despite having been on various diets for the past 23 years, I'm only NOW getting it.  if you go on a diet, you have to continue to eat that way for the rest of your life.  weight watchers?  stay on it forever.  low-fat?  keep at it.  portion control?  have your cup and eat what's in it too.  thank goodness for atkins, or I'd be cranky constantly.

now then, this being saturday, it's time for measurements.  shudder.  I'm only down a lb this week but I'm not going to stop.  a lb is still a pound.  :)

last week:

arm: 14.5
chest: 45.5
waist: 41
hips: 49.5thigh: 26.5

this week:

arm:14.5
chest: 45
waist: 40
hips: 49thigh:26

2.5 more inches, bringing me up to 9 inches gone so far.  

there's still progress, it's still good, it's still good!

No comments: